Ohio is declared in a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 virus. We can be infected, not showing symptoms and unintentionally spread it to others. In order to minimize the unintended spread of the COVID-19 virus, we ask that you join us in prioritizing your safety and the welfare of our entire community. As instructed by the CDC, WHO and we are adhering to the recommendations put forth by Governor DeWine and the OVMA.
In accordance with the Stay Safe Ohio Order announced 5/1/2020 during Governor DeWine’s Press Conference, AHSH will continue to operate with veterinary curbside service. You can view details of the Responsible RestartOhio Plan here.
Updates as of 5/28/2020
The following business practices have been implemented:
Hours of operation beginning 5/4/2020: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Sunday, closed.
RX and Food Requests: At this time, we ask that you allow for up to 48 hours for prescription requests to be processed. Give us a call at 614.389.6455 to request your pet’s prescription refill. For prescription and food pick-ups, call when you arrive and advise our Client Care Specialist which parking spot you are parked in (each spot is numbered 1-8). We will take payment over the phone at that time and deliver your pet’s medication(s)/food(s) to your vehicle. Please roll down the passenger side window, backseat window or trunk for contactless delivery.
Surgeries & Pet Medical Care: Our team is happy to move forward with providing all medical care for pets, including surgeries and routine vaccinations. If your pet’s surgery was affected by the initial Stay-at-Home order, our Surgery Coordinator will be reaching out to you to reschedule. Feel free to call our office to be sure you are on a recall list to get your pet’s surgery scheduled. 614.389.6455 opt 5! If your pet is scheduled for surgery, please submit surgical admission forms through our website found here.
Regular Pet Appointments: We will maintain regular pet appointments for as long as we can with the modifications listed below.
- Routine nail trims and anal gland expressions are limited during this time as we are operating with a smaller staff with longer regular appointment times due to curbside veterinary care. We may not have an appointment available for several day(s)/week(s). Consider viewing these instructions on trimming your pet’s nails at home until we are at full capacity again!
- Do not attempt to enter our building. When you arrive, wait in your car with your pet and call or text our hospital to inform us of your arrival. 614.389.6455 opt 5! With the warmer weather, please advise if you or your pet are in need of water. We have bottled waters for clients and can prepare a bowl of water for your pet.
- Advise us what parking space number you are in and if a technician is available at the time of your phone call or text, we will obtain your pet’s history over the phone. If a technician is not available we will confirm your phone number and a medical team member will call you back as quickly as possible.
- Once a history is obtained, we will bring your pet inside our hospital for a medical examination with the Veterinarian and communicate with you via phone.
- We will take credit card payments over the phone. Check and cash payments will be accepted but are discouraged as this is one more possible transfer surface.
Grooming: Grooming services are officially reopened as of 5/2/2020! We will provide curbside care for grooming patients by appointment only in accordance with the Stay Safe Ohio Plan. A Client Care Specialist will reach out to you to confirm or reschedule your pet’s grooming appointment. As described above for veterinary appointments, all communications are to be completed via phone. When you arrive for your pet’s grooming appointment please park and call 614.389.6455 opt 2. Face-to-face communication is prohibited during this time. If you have a face mask, please wear it.
Boarding: Cat boarding is permitted at this time. Dog boarding is planned for reopening on June 15th!
Thank you for keeping yourselves, friends, family and our staff safe while helping us to care for our patients who are in need of medical care during this time. We will continue to operate in this manner until further notice. By taking action now we are joining our fellow Veterinary offices with these temporary measures in hopes of keeping our community safe.
Questions? Please call the Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline at 1-833-4ASKODH (427-5634)