Ohio is declared in a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 virus. We can be infected, not showing symptoms and unintentionally spread it to others. In order to minimize the unintended spread of the COVID-19 virus, we ask that you join us in prioritizing your safety and the welfare of our entire community. As instructed by the CDC, WHO and we are adhering to the recommendations put forth by Governor DeWine and the OVMA.
Healthcare for our fur babies during the ODH Stay-At-Home mandate is absolutely considered essential. AHSH is open with operational changes as previously announced and updates detailed below.
Updates as of 3/25/20
The following business practices have been implemented:
Hours of operation: We will be closing at 6:00 PM Monday through Friday and Saturday at 1:00 PM in order to properly disinfect our hospital. We will begin a lunch closure Monday through Friday from 1:00 – 2:00 PM to allow our staff to have a guaranteed break and to properly disinfect our work areas. Effective 3/26/20.
RX requests: At this time, we ask that you allow for up to 48 hours for prescription requests to be processed. Give us a call at 614.389.6455 to request your pet’s prescription refill and provide your credit card payment at the time of this initial call. This will streamline our process and help us to serve you and your pets better!
Surgeries: All elective surgeries are to be canceled and rescheduled until further notice. Our Client Care Specialist Team will reach out to you in regards to your pet’s surgery appointment.
Regular Pet Appointments: We will maintain regular pet appointments for as long as we can with the modifications listed below.
- Routine nail trims and anal gland expressions are not permitted during this time.
- Do not attempt to enter our building. Our doors will be locked. When you arrive, wait in your car with your pet and call or text our hospital to inform us of your arrival.
- Give us the description of your car. If a technician is available at the time of your phone call or text, we will obtain your pet’s history over the phone.
- Once a history is obtained, we will bring your pet inside our hospital for a medical examination with the Veterinarian and communicate with you via phone.
- We will take credit card payments over the phone. Check and cash payments will be accepted but are discouraged as this is one more possible transfer surface.
Picking up your pet’s medications, foods and over-the-counter products:
- Credit card payment is required over the phone.
- Do not attempt to enter our building. We will place your pet’s products at the north side of our building by the gray trellises in a designated pick-up bin. Once your pet’s product is ready for pick-up, we will notify you and place it outside for pick-up. We recommend you use hand sanitizer before and after handling these products. We are putting additional sanitizing measures in place for optimal protection.
Grooming: Closed due to the mandatory Stay-At-Home order by the ODH. A Client Care Specialist will reach out to you to reschedule your pet’s appointment. We hope to reopen the grooming department on 4/7/2020.
Boarding: All boarding appointments have been canceled for a minimum of 30 days from 3/17/20. We will notify all clients once we are able to resume regular business.
Thank you for keeping yourselves, friends, family and our staff safe while helping us to care for our patients who are in need of medical care during this time. We will continue to operate in this manner until further notice. By taking action now we are joining our fellow Veterinary offices with these temporary measures in hopes of keeping our community safe.
Questions? Please call the Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline at 1-833-4ASKODH (427-5634)