Boarding Services at AHSH
Should you need to go away for a weekend, our boarding suites will provide the necessary comfort for boarding dogs, cats and hospitalized patients. Let us care for your special needs cat or dog while you are away and rest assured they are in good hands with our expert team. We are happy to offer boarding services for hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, mice and gerbils as well. Stop by the hospital anytime to check out our kitty condos and boarding suites! Please be advised that boarding is limited to patients of Dr. Bookmyer, Dr. Edwards and Dr. Emily Falk.
To prevent the spread of disease, all pets must be current on their vaccinations. Dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper (DA2PP), and Bordatella. To prevent the spread of kennel cough, the Bordatella vaccine must be given every six months. Due to the nature of intestinal parasite transmission, dogs must have a negative fecal exam within the past six months upon boarding admission and be current on intestinal parasite prevention (Ex: Heartgard, Trifexis, Revolution, etc.) If your dog is not current on intestinal parasite prevention, a negative fecal exam is required every three months. Cats must be current on both the Rabies vaccine and FVRCP. You can read more about our vaccination protocols here.
What does it cost per night to board my cat or dog?
- Kitty condo $15.00/night
- Dog standard kennel $23/night
- Dog medium kennel $27/night
- Dog suite $33/night
- Medication given/day $5.00/night
- Medical boarding cat or dog $32/night (for ill, but not hospitalized pets)
- Multiple pet discount if 2 or more pets stay in the same kennel, run, or kitty condo together. 10% off the additional pet per night.
Does my dog or cat stay in a kennel the whole time?
No, our team members walk each dog one at a time in our fenced in back yard 4x/day. Early morning, lunch time, dinner time, and late night. Kitties are let out once a day, one at a time, to roam the cat boarding room where they can climb on our cat tree, play with toys and catch some sun in the window.
Where do I pick my pet up/drop my pet off?
Our new dog boarding and grooming facility now share an entrance in the lower level of our hospital next to E. Cherokee Drive (southeast corner of our building). Cats will still be dropped off in our main hospital entrance unless they are in the same family as a dog boarder. If together, both pets can enter the lower level boarding area and the kitty will be transported by our staff to our upstairs cat boarding facility.
When can I pick my pet up/drop my pet off?
Boarding admission is available throughout the day, however, we do require a scheduled check-in time during our hours of operation. Our Client Care Specialists will help find a convenient check-in time for you when you make your pet’s reservation.
o Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM or 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
o Saturday 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Special arrangements may be made if a drop-off time is needed after 5:00 PM (Monday – Friday) or 11:00 AM Saturday, but no drop offs or pick-ups can occur after 6:00 PM.
Boarding discharge is available anytime we are open, as well as a pre-arranged 4 PM pick-up on Sunday. Please note Sunday pick-up must be scheduled with the front desk and does include an overnight stay charge from Sunday to Monday. Dogs will be released in the lower level and cats in the main hospital entrance. If your dog and cat are both boarding, both may be picked up in the lower level
- A change in your pet’s diet can cause an upset stomach and diarrhea. Please bring your pet’s own food upon admission. We can feed your pet our “in-house” diet, Purina EN for dogs and Purina EN for cats (gastrointestinal friendly).
- Please bring any medications your pet is taking, including prescriptions and supplements. A medication/supplement form must be completed prior to boarding admission (see medication log.)
- We will provide both bedding and food/water bowls. You are welcome to bring any toys and snacks that your pet regularly enjoys. We highly recommend bringing a kong and kong stuffing for your dog. We have these products available for purchase at our front desk.
- If your pet has never boarded before, please consider consulting advice from your pet’s primary veterinarian. There are many over-the-counter products to help with stress and anxiety (Composure Pro Chews, Fortiflora, Lavendar Oils, ect.).
- Fill out and turn in the boarding admission forms by e-mail (email@example.com), fax (614.389.6508) or at the time of admission. Click here to download the boarding admission form.
- Take advantage of our veterinary and grooming services during your pet’s stay! Our groomers are happy to provide their expertise while you are away. A bath or full grooming can be scheduled prior to picking your pet up. Please book these appointments with our front desk in advance as our grooming appointments are reserved 2-3 weeks out.
- If your pet is showing signs of any medical issues that need addressed by the veterinarian during your pet’s stay, please let us know ahead of time so we can provide a treatment plan for you upon admission.