Pet Pharmacy in Powell, OH
We have several options for filling your pet’s medications:
- Our in-house pharmacy is fully stocked with antibiotics, pain medications, heartworm & flea prevention, supplements, prescription veterinary diets, and more. To request a new or refill prescription or product to pick up from our hospital, please text or call 614.389.6455 or email us at email@example.com, and be sure to include the name of the product, concentration, quantity you desire, and dose you are currently giving. Please allow 48 hours for your prescription to be filled.
- If you prefer delivery direct to your home, we have an online store! Products ship directly from manufacturers and their trusted distributors, so their safety and efficacy is guaranteed. Our store price-matches Chewy, and also offers coupons, rebates, free shipping, and auto-ship options.
- If you prefer to use an outside pharmacy, we will be happy to provide you with a written prescription that you can pick up from our office and submit to any pharmacy of your choice. To request a prescription, text or call 614-389-6455 and leave a message when prompted on the pharmacy refill extension. You may also email a request for a prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request 48 hours for your pet’s prescription request to be processed.
Third-party pharmacy policy: we do not approve prescription requests that come directly from external online pharmacies such as Chewy, 1-800PetMeds, Allivet, and others for the following reasons:
- First and foremost, the health and safety of your pet. We cannot guarantee the proper storage and handling or legitimacy of drugs sold by online pharmacies; in fact, many have been found to be selling counterfeit drugs. For this reason, many manufacturers will not extend their guarantees to products purchased from online stores.
- The process of approving an online prescription request from an external pharmacy is very time-consuming. We would prefer to keep our phone lines free for our clients and keep our attention on patients in our hospital.
Please understand that it is not our intention to discourage you from purchasing your medications from wherever you would like. See option 3 above for requesting a written prescription that you may submit to any pharmacy of your choice.
We will continue to call in prescriptions of compounded medication and human-only drugs (ex. Furosemide, Prednisone, Fluoxetine, Keppra, Phenobarbital, Enalapril, Selegiline, etc.) to local human pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS, Costco, SBH) – please follow the instructions above for requesting a refill and include your preferred pharmacy.